This book expertly details the development of Bruton Parish Church from its first form in 1663 through its eighteenth-century additions, to its twentieth-century restorations.

The author, Carl Lounsbury, explains in layman’s language, the construction, forms and features of the building—there’s a short, simple and handy glossary of technical terms at the front—and provides material not as readily found elsewhere about men and women who have worshipped beneath its buttressed roof. Lounsbury’s highly readable text describes Bruton’s defining role in the city’s colonial renewal, and 49 of its 139 pages are illustrated with crisp diagrams, drawings and maps, as well as reproductions of historic paintings, postcards and photos.

Please call the shop at (757) 220-1489 to place an order.